This isn’t a Zelda blog, I swear. It really isn’t. It’s an all-around Nintendo blog. It’s not for reviews, it’s not for reviews, it’s not for Let’s Plays… it’s for, you know, essays on the all-around Nintendo experience over the past thirty years.
That said… we’re less than a month away from Breath of the Wild, and over the next few weeks there’s going to be a lot of Zelda-themed shenanigans going on in this space. It stands to reason, I suppose. The Legend of Zelda is my favorite franchise, the biggest Zelda game since Ocarina of Time is about to drop, I have a cat named Zelda (true story), and I’ve spent the past year playing through all of the 3D Zelda games, not to mention a handful of the 2D games (The Minish Cap, The Legend of Zelda, Zelda 2… which I FINALLY BEAT. I should write about that…) So, yes, I’m going to be jotting down a bunch of words about The Legend of Zelda over the course of the next couple of weeks. Some my planned posts include:
- A look at which games one should play, and in which order, if one was to attempt to play through the franchise’s core mythology.
- The top ten bosses in 3D Zelda games.
- My attempt at scientifically determining which of the 3D games is the best, and which is the worst.
- Some musings on what it was like to FINALLY beat Zelda 2. (See? I’m gonna write about that.)
- Presumably some stuff about how awesome Breath of the Wild is.
And so on, and so forth. Once I get through all of that, however, and once I’m finished with Breath of the Wild, I’d expect to have a very long Zelda drought. I’ve spent the past year-ish playing through eight Zelda games, after all. I think after I’m done with Breath of the Wild, I’m going to need a breather.
Also, I refuse to play through the three Game Boy Color games. They’re awful.
… I should write about that.
Featured image original link: http://carrotpixel64.deviantart.com/art/Hyrule-Field-HD-435505706